At Tshirts Canada we have been looking for a software company that has a program that we could put on our website that would enable you to design your own t-shirts online. We have found a company out of Vancouver that has a program that is very close. They have the systems in place for screen printing which we would definitely need however their other option is for DTG (Direct to Garment) printing. We do not use this method.
I emailed the company and outlined the situation. We have two printing processes. Screen printing and printing using quality t-shirt transfers. Their current software doesn’t have the parameters for t-shirt transfer printing. Fortunately they replied to my email and said if I could provide the details about t-shirt printing with transfers, they would possibly add this option. If they do it would be a tremendous benefit to our clients.
We certainly hope they do.
Currently our slogan is: If your design is ready, we can print it. If you have part of your design, we can complete it. If you have no design we can create it. And we will continue with that mandate because there are many people that this works for.
However there are also a number of people who have a vision as to how they would like to see their t-shirts look a are comfortable enough to put everything together themselves. If you are one of these people, this design software will be perfect for you.
Now for the software design company to put everything together is no small task. The next section is from the email that I sent the company.
Excerpt from Design Your T-shirts Online Letter
Hi;Thank you for your reply.I’m not totally clear what information you need but here is some info to hopefully get started.
- I would like to add the option for the customer to have the choice between screen printing and printing with transfers.The major difference is we have a minimum order of 25 for screen printing and no minimum for printing with transfers.As for printing with transfers there are a couple of things to be noted.
- Printing with transfers can be done on t-shirts, baseball shirts, polo’s, ringers, sweatshirts, hoodies and tank tops.
- The printing can be the same on all of the shirts, one-of -a-kind or part of a set such as team shirts with a name and number on the back (baseball shirts etc. or bride, mother of the bride, bridesmaid etc
- Printing on the left chest is less expensive than printing across the chest. Our print size is a maximum area of 8.2″ x 10.5″. When we print on the left chest only, our allowable print area is a maximum of 3.5″ x 3.5″. This way we can get a minimum of 6 transfers per sheet.
- White shirts are less expensive to print on than colour shirts with full colour printing
- Printing on light colours give basically full colour printing except for the colour white. so any white areas in the printing are transparent. The Canadian flag on a light blue shirt would be red and light blue.
- Transfer printing on mid colour shirts requires that the ink colour is darker than the shirt colour.We have a 2nd t-shirt printing option when white ink is required in the printing. Transfer to dark.
- This process can be used to print images such as photos and artwork etc., however it doesn’t work for printing text only unless the text is placed within a rectangle, circle, triangle etc. This is because the paper is coated with white ink and then the printed. Any areas that are not to be printed must be removed (trimmed away)..So for example the Superman logo could be printed using this process since all of the unprinted areas outside the logo can be trimmed away.What would work best for printing with transfers is to have 4 categories.
- White shirts since they are priced differently
- Light colour shirts – full colour printing
- Mid colour shirts – limited colours since the ink colour must be darker than the t-shirt colour.
- Dark shirts – with full colour printing however it only works with some designsOur pricing structure works like this:Based on white shirts… Logo on the left chest only
- 1 shirt – $18.95
- 2 – 7 shirts – $18.95 + $9.25 for each additional shirt
- 8 – 11 – $9.25 per shirt
- 12 – 99 – $7.25 per shirt
- 100 or more – $7.10 per shirt
… Printing across the chest only OR on the back only
- 1 shirt – $19.95
- 2 – 7 shirts – $19.95 + $10.75 for each additional shirt
- 8 – 11 – $10.75 per shirt
- 12 – 99 – $8.75 per shirt
- 100 or more – $8.55 per shirt
… Printing on the left chest AND on the back
- 1 shirt – $21.95
- 2 – 7 shirts – $21.95 + $12.50 for each additional shirt
- 8 – 11 – $12.50 per shirt
- 12 – 99 – $9.75 per shirt
- 100 or more – $9.55 per shirt
… Printing across the front AND the back
- 1 shirt – $22.95
- 2 – 7 shirts – $22.95 + $15.50 for each additional shirt
- 8 – 11 – $15.50 per shirt
- 12 – 99 – $11.75 per shirt
- 100 or more – $11.55 per shirt
- XXLs add $2.00 per shirt
- Light colour/mid colour shirts add $2.00 per shirt (no white ink)
- Dark colour shirts or any colour shirts requiring white ink add $3.00
- Personalized shirts add $1.00 per shirt (names/numbers on team shirts or bride, bridesmaid etc for a wedding party)
- Tax and shipping are not included (Since we would be shipping from New Brunswick the tax rate is GST only for BC, AB, SK, MB, QC, YT, NT, NU and PE. For NB, ON, NF HST 13%. NS HST 14%). Shipping can vary between $12.00 to $30.00 depending on the quantity. I generally provide free ground shipping for 50 or more shirts.I hope this helps.Our website has lots of this info posted along with pricing for more info.Also, just so you know I work closely with the company who manufacturers our t-shirt transfer paper, so if you are able to help with this I’ll do what I can tohelp get the word out for you.If you require more info I’d be happy to help.